- 16″ 223 Wylde 1:9 carbine Melonited/Nitride M4 Contour carbine length gas tube.
- The 223 Wylde chamber has a shorter lead space which improves accuracy and is safe to use 5.56 NATO or .223 Remington ammo
- Carbine gas port location.
- 1:9 twist barrel machined with 25 to 28 RC hardness.
- Machined from 4140 hardened steel
- 1/2×28 threaded concentric to bore with A2 Flash hider.
- 7075 T6 forged aluminum caliber marked upper.
- Extended M4 feed ramps.
- Low profile gas block secured in place by dimpling of the barrel.
- MPI Tested Melonited/Nitride bolt carrier group with mil spec nitride 9310 steel bolt.
- Test fired and made with 100% U.S. made parts.
- Troy Alpha Battle Rail 13” with 1 large and 2 small detachable rails
Why purchase a Melonited barrel?
Meloniting, also known as black nitride or nitro carburization offers increased barrel life, abrasion and corrosion resistance. This treatment also lowers the coefficient of friction and increases velocity. This process not only treats the inside of the barrel but also the outside giving it better protection than a parkerized and chrome lined barrel. Chrome lining can not be uniformly controlled when plating the inside of the barrel and Meloniting converts the surface with out the distortion that chrome lining causes.